The Original Victory Vixens...

Thursday 5 May 2011

Cabaret for cancer...

Sorry for the lack of blogs lovely people but I have been on holiday....well I say holiday it was actually like getting on a plane and going to Essex (I am from Essex so am allowed to say this), whilst in Costa del Essex (Spain) I saw no Spanish people and all my food came with chips...it was not the cultural delight I was hoping for but I enjoyed the red wine ALOT.

Right...back to business.

Those of you who know me as the girl from Hummingbird Vintage know I am putting on an event this  weekend to raise money for two fab cancer charities...MacMillan and Coppa Feel.

It started off as a vintage fair but has turned into an amazing night of burlesque...I for one can't wait!!

Through organising this I have been put in touch with some truly fab people and it was surprising how many of them had been touched by cancer.

So I started thinking....wouldn't it be lovely to organise burlesque nights for charity on a regular basis or even a Victory Vixens burlesque troupe to help raise money for the site so we can help more girlies/ladies/women win the battle over cancer.

I imagine we would be much like the Pussycat Dolls but with less of a tan and more sequins.

...a tanned American version of us...maybe!!


I really want to something a bit different to get this charity noticed and, lets be honest, who wouldn't want to sip cocktails whilst being entertained by some of the most gorgeous girls in burlesque!!

No comments:

Post a Comment